Friday, December 3, 2010

milestone day!


I've never exactly been skinny... even when I was in high school wearing a size 4 or 6 I was always curvy and had to wear one particular cut of jeans because my thighs were, shall we say...."thick" I did swim breast stroke and that is mainly quads- that's what I blame these curves on.
Its incredibly difficult to diet, or lose weight while training for endurance events. I did a cleanse in July and lost quite a few pounds and had to take a break from my training for the Chicago Marathon as well as Ironman.
My chiro-coach brought up that the other Dr in his office has done this HcG diet where you take a shot of HcG every day and severely limit calories and lose gobs of weight. I decided I'd do it after my Ironman to hopefully shed some of the excess fat I can not seem to get rid of. The first 2 days are what they call gorging days. You eat a ton of food and take the shot then the next 21 days are 500 very specific calories. I'm on day 7 of the shots so day 5 of 500 calories and I have lost 7 pounds. Most importantly, to me, I have lost a pant size. I have been a size 12 for as long as I can remember, occasionally heading larger. Sometimes these pants are a lot tighter than others, sometimes I have a large muffin top but the great thing about being tall is that I can usually pull it off and no one really notices too much.
A few months ago I bought a size 10 pair of jeans. I could get them on, up past my hips but not buttoned up. Then I could get them done up, but breathing was a different issue, then I could get them up and breath but have a large amount spooging over the top. Today- I have these jeans on, and no muffing top! I'm a long way from wearing a bikini- but I have 16 more days to go on this diet... who knows what the possibilities are!

Oh, and before you go lecturing me on the safety of this diet protocol- I've done lots of research and spoken with many people who have done it. There are conflicting view points in the research, everyone I know who has done it is very happy with the results though.

No comments:

Post a Comment